Finding the very best Austin Vacation Rentals can prove challenging unless you are familiar with the city. With so many cool experiences waiting for you, it is better to do a little research up front so your entire visit is seamless. We have tried to make this easier by breaking down what we feel are the five key elements you might want to think about when looking at properties around town.
- Location – Depending on what you are looking for specifically, we have Onyx Hotels properties all over the city that are specifically designed to take advantage of the unique surroundings and local culture. Our collection of downtown Austin condos are the most popular. They are located next door to the Austin Convention Center, 2 blocks from historic Sixth Street, minutes from the State Capitol, and walking distance to the many other attractions in downtown including, Rainey Street, the East Side, Congress Avenue, and the Warehouse District. You really cannot go wrong with these accommodations if you are attending a work function or just want to cut loose and relax for a bit. If you are looking for something outside of the central business district, we also have properties located on the East Side, South of Congress, near UT Campus, in Tarrytown, as far north as the Domain, and on Town Lake, Lake Austin, and Lake Travis. All of these areas provide a lot of diversity, from the lake houses with private boat docks to houses near Zilker, which are walking distance to some of Austin’s most famous events and festivals. Once you know where you would like to be, it will be much easier to pinpoint what you are looking for in a search.
- Owner vs. Management Company – I can tell you that it does not matter whether or not you rent from an owner or a management company. What matters is whether or not the person and/or people in charge care about you and your experience in the property that they own or represent. This is critical. Chances are, you will not need to contact them if they run a tight ship, but if something comes up, it is nice to have a local owner or management company available to assist, as opposed to an absentee property owner, for example.
- Local Attractions – With so many incredible things to do in Austin, proximity to your favorite attractions may help you with determining where you might want to stop. For example, if you want to stay downtown (78701) or near the Austin Convention Center (4th and Trinity), our Austin vacation rentals located at that same intersection are the perfect solution. From there, you can walk to Historic 6th Street, Rainey Street, Congress Avenue, the Warehouse District, the East Side, Town Lake, and so much more. There are literally hundreds of bars and restaurants at your doorstep, not to mention a plethora of public transportation options should your feet get tired. If you want to experience the funky East Side in a really amazing house, we have those options as well. The East Side is home to everything from food trailer parks and great eateries to arguably the best strip to perform the ultimate Austin pub crawl. If you want to be on the water, we have condos on Town Lake, as well as houses and condos on and around Lake Austin and Lake Travis.
- Purpose of Visit – When selecting a space in Austin for your visit, it is important to identify the purpose of your stay and your Austin vacation rental. If you don’t want to bring a car, need close proximity to the Austin Convention Center, bars, restaurants, and nightlife, then the downtown condos win every time. However, if you want to be close to downtown but in more of a neighborhood, both the East Side and Town Lake properties are fantastic options. On the East Side, you can take a tour of the very best BBQ places since our houses are in close proximity to both Franklin’s and Micklethwaite. On Town Lake, you have immediate access to the hike and bike trail, which is pretty spectacular. Not to mention our free kayaks you can use! If you are coming to Austin for lake activities and have or wish to rent a boat, our selection of lakefront properties are hard to beat.
- Desired Experience – This is a question that is really best answered by you. If you want to be in the heart of the action, downtown is great. However, if you want a slower pace or wish to bring your family, one of our many houses might better suit your needs. If you want to be on the water and enjoy some One thing is for sure, and that is that no matter which Onyx property you choose, we have certain standards that we maintain for our guests. Some of the amenities that we provide include with our rentals include, dish soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, laundry detergent, fabric softener, paper products, linens, towels, and every items to make your stay memorable.
In conclusion, Austin is a truly special city that can be enjoyed from any part of town without issue. If you want some suggestions on other amazing attractions and fun things to do, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com. We are full of creative ideas. A few favorites worth mentioning include, Stubb’s Sunday Gospel Brunch, The Thinkery for children, and Midnight Cowboy for cocktails. If you are looking for Austin vacation rentals, we are the ones you want to contact.